Senior Accountant - Southern Highlands
Senior Accountant—full time
Our Southern Highlands-based property investment and development company is seeking a hands-on Financial Controller to oversee all functions of our thriving family-owned business, which has been operating for over 30 years. Our diverse portfolio includes primary production, property development, leasing and other investments.
Reporting directly to the owner, you’ll oversee a capable team of four and focus day in, day out on finance, HR and IT. Among other things, it will be your responsibility to
- Manage monthly, periodical and annual reporting processes, such as tax returns, BAS, IAS, Fuel Tax Credits, PAYG, Workers Compensation, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, Banking Covenant reporting, as well as other ad hoc reporting requirements
- Complete bank reconciliations and manage budgets, cashflows and operating forecasts, while managing various accounts and banking facilities and services
- Oversee all aspects of data entry, processing and reporting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Maintain accounting ledgers for multiple entities, including companies, trusts, partnerships, sole traders and superannuation
- Maintain multiple fixed asset registers
- Manage relationships with banks, insurance brokers, external advisors, partners solicitors and auditors
- Oversee software changes and upgrades to finance and all other applications used by the organisation.
You’ll be a member of a leading Australian professional accounting body with public practice experience and a solid understanding of tax requirements. You’ll also have advanced Excel and MYOB knowledge, together with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this challenging role, please forward your letter of application and CV to email@example.com.
For more information, please call Highland Recruitment,
02 4861 5525.